Are you getting the idea that a bunch of things are changing for grant management with the implementation of the new Super Circular?
Wondering where to start?
We’ve put together a “cheat sheet” to help you get ready for implementing the new guidelines.
Let’s get started with our top 10…
10 Areas to Check for Grant Management
Here are 10 things you need to evaluate to be ready for the biggest change to grant management in years.
#1: Obsolete OMB Circular References
Where are you referencing the old regulations?
• You may need to update your Procedures and Policies to reference the new guidance and remove references to the old OMB Circular references.
#2: Measuring Up
Does your performance and financial monitoring measure up?
• You may need to update your Procedures and Policies to include the new requirements for performance and financial monitoring.
#3: Just Passing Through?
Are you a pass-through entity?
• You may need to add a process for the new risk assessment requirements for pass-through entities.
#4: Boldly Support Women and Families
How do you support encourage woman in the sciences and technology fields?
• You will need to update your employee policies to include the new family-friendly policy requirements.
#5: Training is Essential
How are you ensuring a well-trained work force?
• Start making plans to train employees on what has changed with the new grant regulations.
#6: Contract Bye-Bye?
Is your procurement team on board?
• You will need to update your contract templates to include the new contract provisions.
#7: Keep It Personal
How are you protecting personal information?
• The new regulations will require the organization to certify the safety of protected personally identifiable information. (PPII)
#8: Sigh of Relief?
Are you off the hook for future compliance audits?
• Higher thresholds may eliminate the need for compliance with the Single Audit Act for some organizations.
#9: Rate Limbo-How Low Can You Go?
Tired of fighting over Indirect Cost Rate proposals, or perhaps you haven’t even gotten one approved yet?
• Explore your new options for Indirect Cost Rates under the new grant guidance
#10: Conflict Warriors
What does your conflict of interest policy cover?
• You may need to strengthen your conflict of interest disclosures
Grant Management is Changing in 2014
Want some help figuring out the main “gotchas” in the new grant regulations?
We are hosting a Free One-Hour Informative Webinar
When: Thursday February 27th at noon Eastern Time, (11 AM Central Time, 10 AM Mountain Time, 9 AM Pacific Time)
- How to stay out of trouble with the new disclosure and certification requirements.
- Some of the main changes contained in the new grant regulations so you know how to keep the grant funds flowing.
We’ll also have a Q & A session for grantees as well.
Lucy Morgan CPA
CEO, Chief Compliance Warrior
P.S. If you registered for the last webinar, you don’t have to register again.
We sent reminders in advance of the webinar, so please check your inbox and let us know if you didn’t receive the reminder.
Do you know someone who could benefit from this webinar?
Please ask them to register as soon as possible. Space is limited.